CISRS Smart Cards – Information for Applicants
As of Monday 2 December 2019 CISRS card provision will be taken over by NOCN Job Cards. All CISRS operators who apply for a card from this day on will receive a new digital ‘Smart’ card.
The Smart cards work through NFC (Near Field Communication) technology and by tapping the Smart card on any NFC enabled device – most modern mobile phones and tablets – the cardholder’s name, photo, courses and endorsements will appear.
A CISRS NFC Technology User Guide will be made available in the next few days and will be downloadable from the CISRS website. NOCN Job Cards are currently working on the next stage of Smart cards to allow for additional features to be introduced such as card renewal notifications.
This change will not affect most card applicants as the vast majority of CISRS cards are now applied for by CISRS Training Centres. However, here is some important Information for any individuals applying for CISRS Cards over the coming weeks:
- The cost of the new CISRS card will be £30 (vat exempt), whilst this a small increase on the current card cost, it will still be lower than the industry average.
- The last CISRS Card Applications accepted by CITB will be 27.11.19. Any applications received by CITB after this date will be passed to NOCN Job Cards, who will notify the applicant that a payment of £30 will be required to process the application (original payment will not be taken).
- New CISRS card application forms will be available on the NOCN Job Card website from 02.12.19.
- Cheques and Postal Orders will not be accepted for new CISRS cards. Credit/Debit card payments can be made through the CISRS Helpline on 0844 8157223. BACS payments will also be accepted if you have an NOCN Job Cards account.
- From 02.12.19 enquiries regarding CISRS card applications can be made at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the CISRS Helpline on 0844 8157223. For information the Helpline will be closed when the staff move over on 28-29th November, closed for staff training on 5-6th December and also over the Christmas period from midday 24th December to 2nd January 2020.
- NOCN Job Cards are working on a two-stage introduction programme with online applications being available in the first quarter of 2020.
- Due to the staff relocation from CITB to NOCN, induction training coupled with the usual Christmas shut down period, CISRS Smart cards will not be issued in December.
We would ask that a little leniency is shown towards operatives waiting for a card to be received in this period. CISRS will be happy to confirm that applications have been received and are being processed for individuals either through the CISRS Helpline on 0844 8157223 or at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org