NASC Launches TG20:13 eGuide Version 1.2
The NASC is pleased to announce the availability of version 1.2 of the TG20:13 eGuide, released in July 2017.
This update incorporates a number of enhancements and is supplied as a free upgrade to registered users of the TG20:13 eGuide on Windows, Mac and Android computers and devices.
The upgrade is available as a download from the NASC website or, for the Windows and Mac versions, as a CD available on request from the NASC.
The upgrade has been developed by the NASC, in association with software developers CADS, in response to feedback received from a consultation held with the NASC membership and purchasers of TG20:13 in 2016.
The new update demonstrates the commitment of the NASC to the continual improvement of TG20:13 to meet the demands of the UK scaffolding industry, and increasingly overseas.
The principal features of the software upgrade are as follows:
- Automatic site reference. The site reference displayed on the TG20 compliance sheet now automatically defaults to the address for the location selected on the wind map screen, providing that an internet connection is available.
- Checking a compliance sheet. A new option has been provided to indicate that a suitable person has checked that appropriate data input options have been selected in the TG20 eGuide when generating the compliance sheet, for integration with temporary works management processes.
- Reporting the permitted seasons. The TG20 compliance sheet now specifies the season(s) during which the scaffold will be standing, either ‘during any season’ or ‘during the spring and summer’ depending on the option selected for the compliance sheet.
- Company logo. A company logo may now be added to personalise the TG20 compliance sheet header, including any accreditation logos relevant to the company.
- Compliance sheet illustrations. A ‘TG20 compliant’ stamp has been super-imposed on the illustration in the top left corner of the TG20 compliance sheets. This is to clarify that the illustration, although representative, is not intended to be a construction drawing.
- Build UK support. The NASC is pleased to announce the continued support of TG20:13 by Build UK, whose logo is now included on the header of every TG20 compliance sheet.
Rob Lynch (Chair of NASC TG20 Working Group and CEO Lyndon Scaffolding plc) commented: “The NASC has worked closely with CADS to develop this latest upgrade. Feedback from the industry-wide consultation in 2016 was carefully analysed. Version 1.2 represents a significant enhancement.”
Ian Chambers (CADS International Sales and Marketing) added: “This latest release marks another chapter in the development of TG20:13, and underscores the benefits to the scaffolding industry arising from this collaborative venture between NASC and CADS.”
Robin James (NASC Managing Director) commented: “Few can have imagined the penetration which TG20:13 has achieved since launch in 2014. More than 2,000 copies of the eGuide have now been issued by NASC. The TG20 working group will continue to refine and develop this widely-adopted and increasingly iconic product to meet the needs of the temporary works sector.”
Help and support
To coincide with the launch of version 1.2 of the TG20:13 eGuide, support with installation or activation of the eGuide is available directly from CADS, authors of the TG20 eGuide software at email@example.com
To download the upgrade as an existing TG20:13 eGuide user, or for further details regarding version 1.2 please consult the TG20 page on the NASC website.